Scholarships, Awards, and Bursaries
The Halton District School Board has created a one-stop-shop website for accessing all financial resources to help pay for post-secondary education. This includes:
Local community scholarships
- Canadian Federation of University Women (Georgetown Chapter): applicants must demonstrate involvement in both school and community activities and who are enrolling in first year of post-secondary study (up to $1,000)
- Catholic Women's League Award: Presented to a graduate who has demonstrated dedication in both academic pursuits and community involvement
- Downtown Georgetown Music Scholarship ($1,000)
- Ganesan Family Award: for a graduating girl who has demonstrated outstanding ability in the pure sciences (mathematics, physics) and who has accepted entry into a math or science program at the university level ($500)
- Georgetown Soccer Club Eustace Collins Scholarship ($500; due May 31 annually): Scholarships will be awarded by the Georgetown Soccer Club to a successful male and female applicant who, for at least three years, has played with a Georgetown Soccer Club team and is currently participating in soccer in some capacity, this may be as a player, referee, coach or other volunteer position
- Halton Learning Foundation Scholarships for HDSB students (generally due April-May; see specific scholarships for detailed information and criteria)
- Horatio Alger Canadian Scholarship Program (up to $10,000; due Oct 25, 2018)
- Jeff Dickins Award (must meet 2 of 3: athletic involvement, academic achievement, and community involvement)
- John Elliott Award: applicants must show community effort in performing arts, course selection in the arts or music, and an interest in the performing arts.
- N.R. Richards Masonic Bursary ($500 towards post-secondary)
- Port Nelson United Church Youth Award ($1,000)
- Zach Sutherland and Kaya Firth Resiliency Scholarship ($2,500 toward education at university, college, or trade program for youth who have shown resilience following adversity in their lives).
Other external scholarships and awards
This document highlights key scholarships and awards. These awards are made available by external parties and are not affiliated with the Halton District School Board.
This is an alphabetical list of LGBTQ focused scholarships, awards and bursaries available for those studying in Canada. Some information may have changed. This may not be an exhaustive list. For more information, please contact the grant-making organization.